As I depart my accommodation,
fastening the door after me, I gaze
at the descending sun, thinking of all
the reminiscences we have and
those we will generate once
we escape this forsaken neighborhood.
My mind races with the cognition
of a home we can call our own,
children we can nurture with the familiarity
that we had been given and that which
we learned from peers,
and contentment that was only a
glimmer of optimism until now.
Our cars parked in the garage,
a beautiful yard,
and a swing set for the family appear
to be an outlying fantasy at the moment,
but will be converted into a reality in time.
I can perceive you and I sitting on a veranda,
close together, discussing anything and everything,
while our offspring rest serenely
in bed on a balmy summer night.
All of these, relics of things to come, teasers,
sneak previews of our lives collectively,
the attractive representation that symbolizes
our determination to end up idyllic and flourishing,
the motivation to be satisfied with our situations, and
the determination to be together, forever.
People Subjected to This Blog
- 23,914 pairs of eyes
- RT @NYinLA2121: Dana Loesch: “Any Gun Control measures should be left to the states.” The state of Florida passes gun control measures. N… 1 week ago
- #Objectivism: a philosophy, largely popular with American libertarians and conservatives, that values selfishness o… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago
- When your co-worker doesn’t know about the community pool, you tell her about the community pool. 2 weeks ago
- If the choices are Angela Paxton and Philip Huffines, can I just write my own name on the ballot? 2 weeks ago
- #Texas legislature political ads are amusing. Instead of productively bringing up issues, candidates engage in piss… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 weeks ago
- Dear Tide, Are you sure it was wise to invade the Super Bowl ads this year considering a bunch of stupid people ar… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago
- I’m middle American. I have February bloodlust. Wizard of Oz, a classic of American literature and film, can wait. twitter.com/loneblockbuste… 1 month ago
- RT @Serenepaper: @rfranklin626 yes!! twitter.com/falchionpunch/… 2 months ago
- I have an idea. It may sound crazy, but hear me out. Ready? Okay. So if you don’t wanna be called a racist, don’t say and/or do racist shit. 2 months ago
- Looking around the coffee shop, trying to figure out which of the patrons is the owner of the Maserati parked outsi… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 months ago