As I depart my accommodation,
fastening the door after me, I gaze
at the descending sun, thinking of all
the reminiscences we have and
those we will generate once
we escape this forsaken neighborhood.
My mind races with the cognition
of a home we can call our own,
children we can nurture with the familiarity
that we had been given and that which
we learned from peers,
and contentment that was only a
glimmer of optimism until now.
Our cars parked in the garage,
a beautiful yard,
and a swing set for the family appear
to be an outlying fantasy at the moment,
but will be converted into a reality in time.
I can perceive you and I sitting on a veranda,
close together, discussing anything and everything,
while our offspring rest serenely
in bed on a balmy summer night.
All of these, relics of things to come, teasers,
sneak previews of our lives collectively,
the attractive representation that symbolizes
our determination to end up idyllic and flourishing,
the motivation to be satisfied with our situations, and
the determination to be together, forever.
People Subjected to This Blog
- 22,375 pairs of eyes
- RT @TurnUp_TheTweet: By making people look up the word #dotard, Kim Jong Un has done more for American education than Betsy DeVos. 1 day ago
- RT @AM2DM: PROOF: Tucker Carlson looks at all his guests like they're eating mayonnaise straight out the jar. https://t.co/td2MOvml1z 1 week ago
- RT @ananavarro: Rush Limbaugh evacuated after calling #Irma "media hype". @ChrisCuomo, dad to 3 small kids, is in harm's way covering storm… 1 week ago
- RT @AoDespair: In the pantheon of visual metaphors for America today, this is the money shot. https://t.co/09COuDutBC 2 weeks ago
- Only way this game could have been worse for the Patriots would be if Bernard Pollard was still in a Chiefs uniform. #NFLKickoff2017 2 weeks ago
- All this talk about Brady being 40. I'll be impressed when he's 48 and playing in an NFL era where QBs could still get hit. #NFLKickoff2017 2 weeks ago
- 2 times Alex Smith has aired the ball out in this game. Both are caught for long touchdowns. #NFLKickoff2017 2 weeks ago
- @RyanPrendy Drink every time Kansas City gets penalized. 2 weeks ago
- Dear D'Anthony Thomas: you have a knee. Use it. #NFLKickoff2017 2 weeks ago
- One simply cannot throw an entire yard past the line of scrimmage. twitter.com/brian_henkels/… 2 weeks ago